- Share your knowledge with caregivers and other older adults. Facilitate small group discussions in your area of expertise at a Meet the Professionals lunchtime session.
- Help adults learn to manage their own health by becoming a Chronic Disease Self Management or Diabetes Self Management leader. Four days of training provided; requires a commitment to lead one six-week program (2.5 hours per week) within a year after training.
- Help children in kindergarten through second grades learn about healthy eating and active living by becoming a CATCH Healthy Habits leader. Training provided. Eight-week programs are offered at elementary schools and Boys and Girls Clubs throughout Cuyahoga County.
- Help older adults learn to prevent falls and manage fear of falling by becoming a Matter of Balance coach. Two days of training provided; requires a commitment to lead one eight-week program (2 hours per week) within a year after training.
- Share the Fairhill Partners story with Greater Cleveland. Like to meet new people? Represent us at events on and off campus by monitoring a table of Fairhill flyers, brochures and applications. Work alone or with a partner.
- Help adults 55+ to save money by screening and helping them apply for benefit programs as a member of our Access Your Benefits team. Must be able to use a computer. We will train you to use the Benefit CheckUp program. Some training may be held outside of our building. All information used MUST be kept confidential. You will work in a team environment and be available at least 4 hours a day, 3 days per week. We are looking for volunteers committed to the long run.
Prospective volunteers may be background screened based on the position.
For more information on opportunities at Fairhill or for an interview, please fill out an application or contact us at 216-421-1350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.